[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Let’s call a spade a spade. Life is busy, we are busy, and getting started with email marketing may be the last thing on your already long list of yoga marketing chores. I hear you (Insert virtual hug here), but I’m also gonna level with you – email marketing for yoga teachers should be right up there with superfoods and drinking 2 liters of water.
If you’re serious about teaching yoga and growing your business, email marketing is a MUST. The reason is simple, you need a way to connect to your audience in a place that is yours. A place away from the noise of social media and a place that you have full control over. That place is your email list.
Whether you’ve started email marketing or you wouldn’t know the first thing about it, I’ll share with you how to start, grow and nurture your email list.
Before I dive into how you can get started, let’s get clear on a couple of things.
- You don’t need to be techy. I know, all the tools and apps we use add up and can be overwhelming, but the good thing about email service providers is that they are user-friendly. We live in a time where templates and “drag and drop” are available so you could know nothing about tech and still create something beautiful!
- You don’t need a website. Using a provider like ConvertKit allows you to create landing pages and host them on their platform. So basically, no website, no excuse.
- You don’t have time. If something is important enough, we make the time. It’s that simple. Your email will serve you more in your yoga business than an Instagram or Facebook post will. I know that you feel thinly spread between everything you have to do, but even a small commitment (like twice a month) of writing to your people will go a long way in building a relationship with them.
I’m gonna make email marketing for yoga teachers as easy as Tadasana.
How To Start With Email Marketing
1. Choose An Email Marketing Service Provider.
I use ConvertKit and find it super easy. ConvertKit offers a free plan as well as a 14-days free trial where you can even try the paid plan features depending on what plan you’ll choose in the future.
2. Create An Opt-In Freebie
When was the last time you felt excited to sign up for a newsletter? Hmm, I’m guessing not in a long time because let’s be real, newsletters are boring. These days, people want extra value, and people want to know “What’s in it for me?” The question is, how can you meet them there? A freebie is something of value that you give a person in exchange for their email address, like a checklist or a cheat sheet.
If you want to see the process in action click here to download my freebie – it’s a yoga website cheat sheet and you can see how the process goes from start to finish.
3. Create A Landing Page
You need a landing page so you can share your freebie. It’s a stand-alone page (you can use without a website) that includes a headline, a picture of you or your freebie, and what they’ll get from downloading it. There is a form to get their email address, which is the only thing they should be able to do there. ConvertKit makes this so easy with loads of templates. Once someone enters their name and email address, they get the freebie sent via email, either you upload the pdf or, if it’s a video, you can also add a link on your welcome email.
4. Share Your Freebie
This is the key to growing your email list. You need to promote your freebie, because if no one sees it, then your list ain’t gonna grow. Here are a few ways you can do this:
- Add a link in your Instagram bio
- Share it in your Instagram stories and your highlights
- Add it into your blog posts
- Get pinning on Pinterest
Take imperfect action. Your freebie doesn’t have to look perfect, it just needs to have great content that can help your ideal student with a quick win.
Email marketing is where the magic happens, but the key to making the magic happen is filling your list with the right people. You need to have a trusting and devoted audience ready to buy from you when you’re ready to sell your yoga offerings.
If you can learn anatomy or memorize 90 minutes of Bikram dialogue, then you can definitely do this! It’s not as hard as we think it is, we need to think about email marketing in a new way. So go on now and build that list!
NEED HELP GROWING YOUR AUDIENCE?
Download this FREE Brand Guide and get clarity on who your ideal student is!